Who We Are
The ZIMBABWE ALBINO ASSOCIATION (ZIMAS) is the first organization to be formed, that stood for the rights of people with albinism in Zimbabwe. ZIMAS was formed on 3 November 1996 as a registered welfare organization. Our objective is to assist People with Albinism (PWA) throughout Zimbabwe to live better and to advocate for an end to violation of human rights for PWA.
Over The Years
- ZIMAS has worked with the the Japan International Cooperative Agency (JAICA) to provide staff training.ZIMAS also partnered with the United States embassy to capacitate women with albinism through sewing projects.
- Over the years ZIMAS has worked with many agencies in its quest to improve the living conditions of PWA advance their rights.
- ZIMAS HAS ALSO WORKED WITH the Africa Development Fund (ADF) to empower PWA through poultry projects.
- Worked with the National Aids Council to stop the spread of HIV AMONG PEOPLE WITH ALBINISM.
- ZIMAS has worked with the Spanish embassy to advance the rights of PWA through awareness campaigns.
- ZIMAS has worked with the United Nations Information Centre to raise awareness about challenges facing people with albinism by assisting in hosting the United Nations Albinism Awareness day celebrations.
- ZIMAS has also worked with DED by funding operational costs such as staffing.
- ZIMAS has also partnered with the Swiss embassy to provide assistive devices such as spectacles to PWA.
- ZIMAS has also partnered with the Danish Embassy to conduct Needs Assessment Survey for PWA.
- ZIMAS also worked with the British embassy to provide sunscreen lotions to PWA.
- ZIMAS worked with the Netherlands Embassy by assisting in staff development through trainings ,
- Jewish Africa diplomatic Spouses providing sunscreen lotion to PWA
- Africa Diplomatic Spouses providing sunscreen lotions, spectacles and other material to needy albinos.
Visited 2264 times, 2 Visits today