Zimbabwe Council for the Blind

Fifteenth Ave, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe

09 649 40

The Zimbabwe Council for the Blind was founded in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe’s second largest city, in 1955 with the assistance of the British Empire Society for the Blind, later to be known as the Royal Commonwealth Society for the Blind, now Sight Savers International. Sir John Wilson, the then Director of the Royal Commonwealth Society for the Blind recommended the coordination of voluntary organizations concerned with blindness. From this was born the coordinating Committee for the Blind Welfare – the progenitor of the present Council for the Blind.

Visited 1737 times, 1 Visit today

Posted in Associations & NGOs in Zimbabwe and Councils in Zimbabwe

Related Listings