Ruzawi was established in 1928 by the joint founders, Canon Robert Grinham and Mr Maurice Carver as a preparatory boarding school for boys. The school became co-educational from January 2003. Children are aged from 6 to 12 years. In the Infants’ Department, who are also known as the Kippers, there is only one Grade One and Two class. An additional entry at Grade Three enables there to be two classes, of no more than 20 children in each class, from Grade 3 to Grade 7.
The school is situated some 5 kilometres south of Marondera. It stands in extensive grounds surrounded by many hectares of woodland and eucalyptus plantations and a dam, giving the school an ideal rural environment.
In addition to the twelve spacious classrooms the buildings include a Chapel, large school hall complete with stage and facilities for drama performances, a large library including a reference classroom, an iMac lab, an art room, a remedial centre for curriculum support, a counselling room, an audio-visual classroom, a music school with practice rooms and a school museum. On the boarding side, in addition to two dining rooms and a sanatorium, there are specialised dormitories for infants and for the girls. The boys’ dormitories, with recently refurbished washrooms, form part of the main accommodation block.
Ruzawi is a small school and, like a family, we have many caring people dedicated and committed to help look after the children.
Visited 1220 times, 1 Visit today