Hillside Teachers’ College
Hillside Teachers’ College is a government institution that provides teacher education for students who wish to be secondary school teachers. The College is in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe’s second largest city.
The College was established in 1956 at Heany Junction and moved to its present site in 1962. It was the first college to be accorded Associate status by the University of Zimbabwe and its predecessors. This was done at the inception of the college.
Hillside Teachers’ College is the first Associate College of the University of Zimbabwe and the first College mandated to educate Post ‘A’ Level pre-service secondary school teachers. It has pioneered programmes in the education of practical and foreign languages teachers. The College curriculum keeps evolving in response to the needs of the education sector and national goals.
The College motto is “DISCIMUS UT DOCEAMUS”, meaning “We Learn in order to Teach”
The College is located six kilometres south of the Bulawayo City Centre. It is situated on the north side of Cecil Avenue, between the main roads Old Esigodini Road and Hillside Road.
Visited 1219 times, 1 Visit today