Girls High School Harare, commonly referred to as “GHSH”, was the first public school for girls founded in 1898 in the then city of Salisbury, Rhodesia, which is now Harare, Zimbabwe. The school can take in up to over 1000 girls across all forms and is thus the largest girl’s high school in Zimbabwe.
The school also has two boarding houses for girls called Beit House and Forsyth House. The school celebrated its centenary in 1998 with pomp and fair. In the year 1998, the all uniforms were brought back and pupils were given a chance to purchase the many uniforms that the school had in previous years.
The school is located in Harare’s central business district. Girls High School is the sister school to the boys school Prince Edward High School. The school motto is “Per Ardua Ad Astra” which means “Through hard work, we will reach the stars”. The school colours are bottle green and gold.
The school uniforms for the junior girls is the traditional green pinafore with the white blouse and the school uniforms for the senior girls (A level students) is the traditional “butcher blazer” with stripes and the green skirt
Visited 2024 times, 1 Visit today