R. Davis & Company (Pvt) Ltd is a Zimbabwean company that was first registered in October 1956. The founder and motivator in the company’s formative years, the late Raymond Davis, devoted his expertise and energy to ensure that R. Davis became a recognized name, synonymous with the quality and reliability within the Construction Industry of Zimbabwe.
Geoff Davis joined R. Davis & Company in 1978 when business was essentially a plumbing and mechanical operation and in the same year R. Davis was awarded its first civil engineering contract as sub-contractor, on the Chikurubi Support Unit Complex. This project was managed and supervised by Geoff. In the following year, R. Davis was awarded its first civil engineering contract as the main contractor at Wha Wha prison. At this stage the complement of plant and equipment was minimal – 1970 JCB3D, 250cfm compressor, and a 5 ton Bedford truck.
By 1990, following the retirement of Mr Raymond Davis, the plumbing and mechanical side of the company had ceased and the companies activities were directed towards civil engineering contracts for the construction of both domestic and industrial, water and sewer reticulation networks. Geoff Davis continued to manage civil engineering contracts himself, building the company up from these small beginnings to a formidable level in the mid 1990’s, when pressure of managerial responsibilities, the increase in the volume of work in staff numbers, necessitated his full-time attendance in the head office.
Mike Davis joined the company in 1996 and after successfully completing contracts in Zambia and Malawi, he returned to Zimbabwe in 2004. Between 2004 and 2006 Mike Davis gradually took over the daily running of the company from Geoff Davis. In 2007, Geoff Davis became Chairman and Mike Davis, Managing Director.
Visited 702 times, 1 Visit today